Fall is here, and one of my favorite cold weather recipes has to be a good pot of chili. This recipe is a family favorite in our home, even our picky boys gobble this up like they have never eaten:)
Best Ever Crockpot Chili
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes with garlic
- 3 8 oz cans cans tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 15 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar cheese for serving
- Sour Cream or Low Fat plain Greek Yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a large and deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft. Pour onions into a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker.
- Return skillet to medium-high eat, add beef and cook stirring occasionally to brown beef.
- Drain fat from beef, Pour browned beef into slow cooker.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dark and light red kidney beans chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 6 hrs, or on high for 4 hrs.