This simple cloud bread recipe is a low carb, keto friendly option that is light, fluffy, and great for sandwiches. Cloud bread is best eaten right away, but can also be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Please make sure to read all instructions before trying. Although cloud bread is easy to make, if just one step is not done correctly, it will not turn out.
I have a basic version for cloud bread made with Yogurt Cream Cheese, but this is definitely a recipe that you can have fun with. Feel free to replace the italian seasoning with any flavor you like. If you notice in my images below, I actually replaced it with my favorite Gospel All Purpose Seasoning.
- Stand Mixer
- 4 Large Eggs (separated)
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 4 oz Yogurt Cream Cheese or Cream Cheese I use yogurt cream cheese as an alternative to Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks.
- Place the cream cheese or yogurt cream cheese in the empty stand mixing bowl. Beat on high to soften. Then add the egg yolks one at a time to incorporate. Scrape the bowl and beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Then beat in the Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Gently fold the firm meringue into the yolk mixture. Try to deflate the meringue as little as possible, so the mixture is still firm and foamy. Spoon 1/4 cup portions of the foam onto the baking sheets and spread into even 4-inch circles, 3/4 inch high. Make sure to leave space around each circle.
- Bake in the oven for up to 30 minutes. The bread should be golden on the outside and firm. The center should not jiggle when shaken. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets, then serve!